The garden is the perfect place to relax and spend a beautiful evening. Garden lighting can add that special touch to create an atmosphere you will never forget. When shopping for garden lighting, there are many options available in the market: different types of lights, sizes and shapes, colors or styles.
How to choose? In this article, we will help you find out which lighting accessories are perfect for your garden!
Types of garden lighting:
- Solar lamps are a great option for those who like to garden at night
- A spotlight is another good choice if you need more light than the solar panel provides
- Spotlights can also be used, which provide concentrated and targeted illumination in one area
- The most popular type of outdoor lighting is a string of LED lamps that are placed around plants or shrubs
- Finally, there are spotlight bulbs that work well as accent pieces on trees or other objects in the backyard
- Consider using different types of lighting depending on what you want to emphasize – e.g. highlighting flowers with bright colors or highlighting the shape of a tree with dark shadows of spotlights
What, apart from lighting, can build the atmosphere in the garden?
- Plant a variety of plants that will grow well in your climate
- Choose trees and shrubs of different shapes, colors and textures to catch the eye
- Add annuals or perennials to fill in empty spaces between larger plants
- Keep the garden clean by removing all dead leaves and flowers from the ground
- Apply bark around tree trunks and plant roots to maintain a high level of moisture
- Consider adding water features such as ponds, fountains, or streams to add sound effects
Ideas for an evening out in the garden
- Invite friends and family to a barbecue dinner
- Play outdoor games such as badminton, croquet or bocce ball
- Make a fire with sausages
- Take pictures of the sunset (or sunrise if you prefer)
- Sit together on the porch swing to enjoy the time alone
- Watch the stars from the campfire as you bake your marshmallows
Have you thought about building an atmosphere in your garden? You don’t need to be a gardening expert or landscape designer. There are simple ways to make your outdoor space feel as if it has been transformed into a perfect garden evening for two. Consider adding some of these items and see how they can improve your backyard life experience.