Are you going to rent out your flat and want to prepare it properly for future tenants? Or are you looking for ideas on how to furnish your rental flat to make it functional and cosy? Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, preparing the perfect flat for rent is quite a challenge. In this article, we will provide some simple tips to help you create a welcoming and attractive place to live for yourself and others.
What are the most common things people renting a flat look out for?
People renting a flat usually pay attention to several key factors:
- Location: Many people are looking for a flat in an attractive location, close to work, shops, schools and other amenities.
- Size and layout of the flat: People looking for a flat are usually looking for a certain size of property, with the right number of rooms and bathrooms.
- Condition of the flat: People usually look for flats that are in good condition and do not require much renovation work.
- Rental cost: The rental price is an important factor for most people looking for a flat.
- Additional amenities: Some people look for flats with additional amenities such as a garage, swimming pool or gym.
How can you easily improve the quality of your rented flat?
If you want to improve the quality of your rented accommodation, there are a few simple things you can do:
- Tidy and clean your home: Cleaning and tidying your home can make a big difference to its appearance and comfort.
- Take care of the aesthetics: You can improve the look of your flat by adding decorative cushions, colourful curtains or plants.
- Repair anything that is broken: If something is damaged or not working properly, contact your landlord or building manager and ask for repairs.
- Invest in new accessories: Small changes such as changing a doorknob, cupboard handles or tiles can make a big difference to the look of your home.
- Take care of the lighting: The right lighting can make a big difference to the atmosphere in your flat. You can add lamps or change the bulbs to brighter ones to make the flat feel more cosy.
What furnishings will tenants need?
The equipment necessary for tenants depends on a number of factors, such as the size of the flat, the number of people living in the flat and individual needs and preferences. Here are some items that are usually considered essential for tenants:
- Furniture: Most people will need basic furniture such as a bed, wardrobes, table and chairs.
- Appliances: Most flats have a kitchen equipped with basic appliances such as a fridge, cooker and dishwasher. If such appliances are no longer available, the tenant will need to purchase them.
- Bed linen and towels: Tenants will need bed linen and towels for sleeping and washing.
- Household chemicals: Tenants will need basic cleaning products such as washing up liquid, shampoo and floor cleaners.
- Electronic equipment: Most people will need basic electronic equipment such as a TV or radio.