As an interior design style, glamor is characterized by an opulent and luxurious design. The abundance it entails is beyond what most people are used to in their homes. It tends to be heavy on the use of gold and silver as well as pastel colors like pink or lavender.
The glamor style is based on the old Hollywood aura, which was often associated with royalty or aristocracy – but this does not mean that all glamor interiors must have these features!
Basic features of glamor-style interiors
- Glamor-style interiors are usually found in high-class homes and hotels
- The aim of glamor style is to evoke a sense of luxury and elegance
- Often the design choices for glamor interiors are bolder than those for traditional or classic styles
- A common feature in glamor interiors is the use of rich fabrics such as velvet, silk and brocade
- Features that make an interior feel glamorous include decorative chandeliers, gilded mirrors, elaborate forms around windows and doors
- There are many ways to achieve glamor without spending too much money – one option is to use decorative sequin or fringed pillows as well as other inexpensive luxuries such as golden leaf frames or crystal vases filled with fresh flowers.
Advantages of glamor-style interiors
- Glamor style interiors are a great way to make your home look more expensive
- The glamor-style interior also gives you the opportunity to show your personality and interests
- Glamor interiors will help you create an environment that reflects who you are as a person
- You will be able to take pride in displaying your home, knowing that it is something special
- If you are planning to sell your home, glamorous décor will increase its value and attractiveness
- Having a glamorous decor encourages people to spend more time at home
What kind of people does a glamor-style house suit?
- A glamorous house suits those who love entertainment
- A glamor style home is ideal for those who want a more refined lifestyle
- A glamor-style house may also suit someone who wants to live in an exclusive neighborhood
- A person living in a house should be able to afford to maintain this type of property as well as the cost of living in it and keeping it for years down the line
- A glamor style home is not only about the look – it is also what you do with your time in this house
- If you are looking for a new place to be called “home”, think about how much space you need, do you have children and whether pets are allowed in the place where you want to live.
We hope you found this article informative, and if so, feel free to share it with your friends. It doesn’t matter if you think the glamor style does not suit your home – there are other styles that will be perfect! You learned about the main trend in interior decoration, but there are many other trends as well. For more information on how to decide which type of style best suits your personal space, search our blog.